And then I lost I

Estou relendo Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close do Jonathan Safran Foer e assim como acontece com The Catcher in the Rye, a cada leitura gosto mais dessa obra, encontro mais elementos interessantes no texto, mais humor, mais sentimentos pesados... é um texto lindo, do começo ao fim. Deixo aqui um dos trechos que mais gosto:



"WHY I'M NOT WHERE YOU ARE 5/21/63

To my unborn child: I haven't always been silent, I used to talk and talk and talk and talk, I couldn't keep my mouth shut, the silence overtook me like a cancer (...) I went to a tattoo parlor and had YES writen onto the palm of my left hand, and NO onto my right palm, what can I say, it hasn't made life wonderful, it's made life possible, when I rub my hands against each other in the middle of winter I am warming myself with the friction of YES and NO, when I clap my hands I am showing my appreciation through the uniting and parting of YES and NO, I signify "book" by peeling open my clapped hands, every book, for me, is the balance of YES and NO, even this one, my last one, especially this one.
Does it break my heart, of course, every moment of every day, into more pieces than my heart was made of, I never thought of myself as quiet, much less silent, I never thought about things at all, everything changed, the distance that wedged itself between me and my happiness wasn't the world, it wasn't the bombs and burning buildings, it was me, my thinking, the cancer of never letting go, is ignorance bliss, I don't know, but it's so painful to think, and tell me, what did thinking ever do for me, to what great place did thinking ever bring me? I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it. "I" was the last word I was able to speak aloud, which is a terrible thing, but there it is (...), and then I lost "I" and my silence was complete."

O livro todo é lindo e segue nessa cadência meio doida em que uma frase leva à outra, sem pausas. São os personagens que pensam como nós pensamos, sem intervalos, um pensamento leva à outro. Há também no livro o personagem Oskar, o garoto que narra a maior parte do livro. Sua fala também é linda, e bastante real para um garoto de nove anos, mas nem por isso boba, muito pelo contrário.
Enfim, acho um trabalho fantástico. Agora me pergunto se devo assistir ao filme ou não... já vi o trailer mas não sei se vou me arrepender por assistir...rs, não me decidi ainda.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas