The Arms of the Ocean



 Looking up from underneath
Fractured moonlight on the sea,
Reflections still look the same to me,
As before I went under
And it's peaceful in the deep,
'Cause either way you cannot breathe,
No need to pray, no need to speak
Now I am under
Oh, and it's breaking over me,
Thousand miles down to the sea bed,
Found the place to rest my head.
(Never let me go, never let me go)
And the arms of the ocean are carrying me,
And all this devotion was rushing over me,
And the questions of heaven, for a sinner like me.
But the arms of the ocean deliver me.
Though the pressure is hard to take,
It's the only way I can escape,
It seems a heavy choice to make,
now I am under, oh
And it's breaking over me,
Thousand miles to the sea bed,
Found the place to rest my head
(never let me go, never let me go)
And the arms of the ocean are carrying me
And all this devotion was rushing over me
And the questions of heaven, for a sinner like me,
But the arms of the ocean deliver me
And it's over
And I'm going under
But I'm not giving up,
I'm just giving in
Slipping underneath
So cold, but so sweet
In the arms of the ocean, so sweet and so cold
And all this devotion, I never knew at all
And the questions of heaven for a sinner released,
But the arms of the ocean deliver me
(never let me go, never let me go)
Deliver me
(never let me go, never let me go)
Deliver me
(never let me go, never let me go)
And it's over and I'm going under
But I'm not giving up, just giving in
Oh, slipping underneath
So cold, but so sweet...



 Cloudy Saturday at home, writing papers, doing research and having tea while listening to Florence + The Machine. Couldn't ask for much more. 6 months ago I would have given anything to be just where I am, right here, right now. What else can I say? I miss aspects of what I left behind and I always will, in a way. But that's it. Having one of my biggest dreams crushed before me was possibly one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. I'm glad things went as they did ;)


 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas